Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When two become three...then four








My first Blog post I have been wanting to start this for a LONG time...lack of motivation I think :-).I'll start with a little history on our family. Phil and I met working at Royal Plastics back in 2004...he invited me to a New Years(2005) party. Ended up going to his party and we have been together ever since. Poor guy our second date was my birthday! He did good, got me a card(humorous of course) and flowers. We dated for about 6 months and he surprised me with a pearl after getting back from a vacation with friends in Florida (thanks for the vacation Jo :-) In December of 2005 he asked me to marry him, I had NO IDEA that it was going to happen and was completely shocked. We got married on June 2,2006 and continued to work 3rd shift(and long hours) for a good 6 months(we really enjoyed working 3rd together its a different lifestyle than the norm) After being married for 6 months we found out that we were going receive a completely new lifestyle(FAR form the norm, hehe) We had our first child on October 27, 2007 at 12:57am weighing in at 7lbs 14oz and 19in long named Lawrence John. Appropriately named after his two(now late) great grandpas. Lawrence (skip) Schipper and John Steenwyk. We fell absolutely in love with this new little guy...who is growing up WAY too fast. He was always a good and happy baby that turned into now a very active young toddler! Then on Lawrence's First birthday he announced to his family that he was going to be a BIG BROTHER!! And so our LOVE grew even more when Isabelle Jane was born on May 25, 2009 around 3 in the morning weighing in at 8lbs 1oz and 19 in long. We have been so incredibly blessed! Now we are enjoying watching our two kids grow up together and the love that they have for each other every day! I hope to keep this updated a little about funny things(which trust me there are every day)that happen and milestones reached with our family. Sorry the pictures are backwards...just trying to figure this out!

2 comments:

  1. I thought the end of your post title might read "and soon to be 5" haha! :) Like I said on FB, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I think it's WAY easier to quick update the blog rather than get a book out and write it down (probably b/c I spend way too much time on the computer:D).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mere your funny :-) Not quite ready for it to be 5 just yet!! We keep reassuring people that Isabelle does NOT have a surprise to reveal at her birthday party like her big brother did!
    Also I might need to get a few pointers on how this blogging works!( I love to keep updated on you guys through yours! Basement looks GREAT by the way) feeling a little out of the loop but I'm sure I get it one of these days

    ReplyDelete